Day 2 (Saturday): Kiev
Founded in the late 9th century Kyiv is one of the oldest cities of Europe and the cradle of Slavic civilization and Orthodox Christianity. The morning sightseeing tour introduces us to the historic city and all its treasures including St. Vladimir’s Cathedral, Golden Gates, St. Sophia Cathedral, St. Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery, which we reach by cable car, Independence Square, Opera House and St. Andrew’s Cathedral. The afternoon is reserved for an optional excursion to the world famous Cave Monastery featuring amazing architectural monuments, ranging from bell towers to cathedrals to underground cave systems and strong stone fortification walls. In the evening enjoy an optional dinner with folklore music at Restaurant Opanas.
Day 3 (Sunday): Kiev
The morning offers an optional excursion to the large Pirogovo Ethnographic Open Air Museum, where farmsteads, wooden churches, windmills and village architecture from all regions of the large country will bring us back to the atmosphere of 18th and 19th century rural Ukraine. In the afternoon there is an optional visit to St. Sophia’s Cathedral and the National History Museum. The St. Sophia Cathedral, built in 11th century, is an UNESCO heritage monastery complex with unique ancient frescoes. The visit includes also Bell Tower, Monks Refectory and Metropolite House. We proceed to the National Historical Museum with over 800 thousand unique exhibits related to the history and culture of Ukraine.
Day 4 (Monday): Kiev - Lviv
The early morning is reserved for an optional visit to the unique Chernobyl Museum dedicated to the 1986 Chernobyl disaster, which also signalled the beginning of the end of Soviet Ukraine. In the afternoon we head to the train station to board the modern high-speed train bound for Lviv. Upon arrival in the evening to Lviv, transfer to the hotel for check in.
Day 5 (Tuesday): Lviv
Lviv is known as the centre of West-Ukraine, which was never incorporated into imperial Russia but was a part the Habsburg Empire. Even Lviv has had an enthralling and violent history it still has a unique old-world charm. The morning sightseeing tour takes us to Lviv Old Town, a complex of stone buildings from the 14th-16th century and includes the Market Square with City House, Black Stone Building, Opera Square, Kornyakt Palace, Medieval Pharmacy-Museum, Armenian Cathedral, Dominical and Bernardine cathedrals and the beautiful Boim Chapel. The afternoon offeres an optional Lviv Beer Tour. We will have an opportunity to learn how craft beer is brewed and to taste it and during the tour we will travel from an old monastery of the 17th century to a modern beer brewery.
Day 6 (Wednesday): Lviv
The full day optional tour today takes us to castles around Lviv: Olesko Castle dating back to 13th century and the residence of Polish Kings, like Jan Sobieski. The castle features a magnificent collection of old furniture and paintings, a nice park and a museum with beautiful pieces of jewellery and Zolochiv Palace, the jewel of defensive architecture, built in 17th century. Over centuries the palace served as fortress and royal residence. In the courtyard we find Grand Palace and Chinese Palace. In the evening enjoy an optional Carpathian farewell dinner at Restaurant Trout, Bread and Wine with its highlight dish, Carpathian trout.
Day 7 (Thursday): Departure Lviv
After breakfast, transfer on your own to the airport.
Escorted Package Includes:
- 6 Overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 6 Buffet Breakfast
- Welcome Meeting with champagne/cocktail or juice
- Personalized welcome package
- Tickets for Cable Car ride in Kiev, entrances to Boim Chapel and Medieval Pharmacy-Museum in Lviv
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Hyundai high-speed train Kiev - Lviv OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels and railway stations
- Arrival Transfer (airport to Hotel): AUD $55.00 per private car (1-3 persons)
- 3 hour visit to the Cave Monastery: AUD $67.00 per person
- Ukrainian dinner with folklore music at Restaurant Opanas: AUD $67.00 per person
- 4 hour excursion to the Pirogovo Ethnographic Open Air Museum: AUD $59.00 per person
- 3 hour visit to St. Sophia’s Cathedral and National Historical Museum: AUD $42.00 per person (walking tour)
- 3 hour visit to Chernobyl Museum: AUD $67.00 per person
- 2 hour Lviv Beer Tour: AUD $59.00 per person
- 8 hour excursion to castles around Lviv: AUD $100.00 per person
- Carpathian dinner at Restaurant Trout, Bread and Wine: AUD $59.00 per person
- Departure Transfer (Hotel to Airport): AUD $42.00 per private car (1-3persons)
- Half board at hotels (6 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): AUD $233.00 per person
Hotels (or similar):
- Kiev: Hotel Park Inn Kyiv 4*
- Lviv: Hotel Dnister 4*
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (vh)