Day 2 (Sunday): Zurich
In the morning you'll enjoy a sightseeing tour of Zurich and its main monuments: take in the fabulous views of the Alps and Lake Zurich from the Höhenstrasse. We will stop briefly in Rapperswil, the quaint city of roses. On our way back to Zurich you enjoy a lovely cruise on Lake Zurich (no guide). Arrival at Zürich-Bürkliplatz. Make your own way back to the hotel.
Day 3 (Monday): Zurich - Lucerne - Mount Titlis - Interlaken
Departure for Lucerne. Short sightseeing tour and free time to explore Lucerne on your own. At noon we continue to Engelberg. Take the rotating Rotair cable car to the top of Mount Titlis and its spectacular glacier. From an elevation of 3.020 metres, visitors can enjoy breathtaking views of the Central Alps. In the afternoon you'll visit the lakeside town of Brienz and see the talented woodcarving artisans. Continue to Interlaken, at the foot of Mount Jungfrau.
Day 4 (Tuesday): Interlaken - Bern - Gruyeres - Geneva
From Interlaken we drive along Lake Thun to Bern, located on the Aare River, overlooking the Alps. Visit the city before we continue to Gruyeres, a picturesque village with an impressive medieval castle
Day 5 (Wednesday): Geneva - Montreux – Zermatt
Sightseeing tour of Geneva. Visit the beautiful parks along the lake, the cathedral and the European headquarters of the UN. Then you travel to Lausanne and Montreux with its magnificent Chillon Castle. Free time to visit Montreux. In the afternoon you explore the Rodano river valley as far as Täsch. From here you continue by narrow gauge train to Zermatt, nestled at the foot of mighty Mount Matterhorn.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 6 (Saturday): St. Moritz - Chur - Vaduz – Zurich
In the morning you are free to explore Zermatt at your leisure or undertake an optional excursion to the top of Mount Gornergrat (not included). In the afternoon you will return to Täsch where you will board the bus for a spectacular drive over the high Nufenen mountain pass to Airolo. Return to Zurich. Arrival in Zurich at the train station or Swissôtel at 6.30 pm.
Escorted Package Includes:
- Transfer in from Zurich airport or train station to your hotel (only on day 1 of the tour)
- Transportation by car, minivan or bus during the entire tour (depending on number of participants)
- English/Spanish speaking tour guide (driver-guide for groups of 7 people or less)
- Accommodation at the hotels described or similar
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Dinner in Zermatt
- Visits and excursions as mentioned
- Cable car ticket to Mount Titlis
- Boat ride ticket on Lake Zurich (no guide)
- Train ticket Täsch - Zermatt - Täsch
- Personal expenses
- Optional tours
- Customary tips to your drivers, guides and escorts
- Transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- Local city taxes
Hotels (or similar):
- 2 nights at 4-star hotel in Zürich: Hotel Swissôtel Zürich
- 1 night at 4-star hotel in Interlaken: Hotel Interlaken
- 1 night at 3-star+ hotel in Geneva: Hotel Ramada Encore
- 1 night at 4-star hotel in Zermatt: Hotel Alex
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (mi)