4 Night Budapest at Leisure
4 Night Budapest at Leisure Ref: 4BAL
Private Car Transfer from Budapest Airport/Station to Hotel.
4 nights City Hotel Pilvax 3* or similar, Budapest
1 x Double/Twin Standard Room
Full Breakfast daily
Duration: 48 Hrs
Budapest Card is the only official city card of the Hungarian capital. It offers free public transportation, free guided walking tours, free entry to Lukács bath and free entry into eight museums, free Pocket Guide mobile app., and other discounts on baths, restaurants, sightseeing tours, and museums. If you want to discover the hidden values of the city, and experience its cultural richness, the Budapest Card is your ideal partner.
- Free Budapest public transport: all zones
- 2 Free Budapest Walking Tours: each city tour is approx. 2 – 2.5 hour sightseeing walking tour
- Lukács Bath: free entry to the thermal bath by Margaret Island
- Buda Castle: free entry into most buildings of the historical Buda Castle building
- Free entry to the permanent exhibitions: Hungarian National Gallery, Budapest History Museum, Hungarian National Museum, Aquincum Museum, Mai Mano House of Photography, Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Centre, Vasarely Museum, Kiscell Museum, Hopp Ferenc Eastern Asian Museum, New Budapest Gallery
- 10-20% Discount on more Budapest Attractions: Hungarian Museum of Applied Arts, Fisherman’s Bastion, Gellert Spa, Szechenyi Bath and many more.
- 20%-50% Discount on Budapest Sightseeing Tours
- 10% Discount on Budapest Tours: Riverride Bus & Boat tours, Absolute Walking Tours
- 10% discount with the Airport Minibus Shuttle City Transport
Start Time: 10:00am (Tue-Sun)
Duration: 4 Hrs
We start the tour from the Chain Bridge. First, we take the Margaret Bridge and drive over to Buda. We stop in the Castle District and during a short walk we show you the main attractions of the area. We walk to the Matthias Church and the Fishermen's Bastion (from where you can enjoy the beautiful panorama). Next, we drive to the Gellért Hill (Citadel) and show you the most spectacular view of Budapest. We then take you across the Elisabeth Bridge to Pest and show you the famous Central Market Hall, followed by the largest Synagogue of Europe and the City Park. We pass by Europe's largest thermal spa and the Budapest Zoo, after which we stop at the Heroes' Square (with statues of the most famous Hungarian kings and dukes). Next we take the Andrássy Avenue to downtown Pest passing by the Opera House and St Stephen's Basilica. We then get off the bus again and take an interior visit of the impressive neo-gothic House of Parliament (guided tour incl.). During the tour we offer a brief overview of the last 1000 years of Hungarian history. The tour ends in the city centre.
Start Time: 09:00am
Duration: 8-9 Hrs
Danube Bend, an excursion into Hungary's history. This is an unforgettable tour along the "Blue Danube" with stops in Esztergom, Visegrád and Szentendre.
Esztergom: It used to be the capital of Hungary and is still the centre of the Catholic Church. We visit the largest cathedral of Hungary (also burial place of famous cardinals, like Primate József Mindszenty). Afterwards, we drive across the river to Slovakia and enjoy the view over the Basilica.
Visegrád: After the Mongol invasion a new fortification was constructed here in the mid-13th century. The top of the hill offers a fascinating panorama on the Danube valley. After enjoying the view there is an opportunity to have lunch on your own (not included in the price).
Szentendre: It is a small baroque city built on medieval ruins, located at the gate of the Danube Bend. The town is considered to be the Artists' Village or the Painters' Town. We walk around the historical centre and enjoy the cobblestoned narrow streets as well as the baroque houses. After the guided tour you can also visit some museums (for example the famous Margit Kovács Ceramic Museum or the Confectionery Museum with marzipan figures).
During summer (May-September) we return to Budapest by boat. The tour ends in the city centre (pier).
Start Time: 10:00am
Duration: 4 Hrs
There is no better way to begin any exploration of Budapest other than with its food and drinks. Our food, wine, cultural walking and tasting tour begins at The Central Market Hall, Budapest’s cathedral of food and continues through one of its most delicious and charming neighbourhood’s. Be sure to come with an appetite. You will need it on this tour.
Private Car Transfer from Hotel to Budapest Airport/Station.