Day 2: Athens
The day is dedicated to exploring the city of Athens. We begin with a panoramic tour to the most important monuments and landmarks of the city including the Panathinaikon Stadium, the Zappeion, the temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, Syntagma square, the Parliament, the tomb of the unknown soldier, Schliemann's house, the Academy, the University, the National Library, and the old Parliament. Next we head for our guided visit to the Acropolis, including the Propylae, the temple of Athena Nike, the Parthenon, and the Erechtheion. Later, we continue with a guided visit to the Acropolis museum voted one of the best museums in the world. Afternoon at leisure to explore Plaka, the picturesque old part of the city, and why not, some shopping at Ermou street.
Day 3: Corinth Canal - Epidaurus - Nafplion - Mycenae / Olympia.
After our breakfast we depart towards the Peloponnese. First stop will be at the impressive Corinth canal and we continue to Epidaurus with its theater, famous for its acoustics. Our day continues as we will be arriving in Nafplion for a short stop. Our next visit will be to Mycenae «rich in gold» as Homer mentions, with the Cyclopean walls, and the tomb of Agamemnon with the famous Lion’s Gate. In the afternoon, we will be crossing the mountains of the Peloponnese to arrive in Olympia for dinner and your overnight stay.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 4: Olympia / Zakynthos
Built on the banks of the River Alfios, Olympia is beautiful, green, and placid. We will enjoy a tour through the remains of the Ancient Olympia Complex (home of the original Olympic Games), including the Temple of Zeus, the Palaestra, and Phidias’s Workshop. We continue to the local museum, one of the richest in Greece, with the impressive statue of Hermes of Praxitelis. After the visits, you will separate from the rest of the group and take a private transfer to the port of Kyllini from where you will embark on the local ferry to Zakynthos. Arrival at Zakynthos port and private transfer to your hotel. Rest of the afternoon at leisure for you to explore the beautiful town of Zakynthos.
Day 5: The unique “Navagio” (shipwreck) beach and the Blue Caves / Zakynthos
Early this morning, you will be joining a unique excursion (subject to weather conditions – please see note 5 below). You will be travelling by boat around the north shores of the island, to the famous “Navagio” beach, among the most photographed beaches in the world. Our boat excursion will continue to the famous “Blue Caves”, where you will be able to see the unique blue colors and why not, take a dip in the caves. Be alert and you may spot dolphins or sea-turtles as we cruise back to the port. Return to the hotel and rest of the afternoon at leisure.
Day 6: Zakynthos – Delphi
Morning will be at leisure for you to enjoy more of Zakynthos town on your own, until the time for your transfer to the port. The ferry ride will bring you back to Kyllini port from where you will take a private transfer to the meeting point, where you will later join the tour to the rest of the sites of classical Greece. The drive will take you around Patras, over the impressive Rio-Antirio bridge, through Nafpaktos and Itea, to Delphi for dinner and overnight.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 7: Delphi - Athens
Delphi used to be the most sacred spot in the world and a pilgrimage center for many centuries in the antiquity. You will admire the Sanctuary of Apollo, walk the Sacred way, and visit the temple of Apollo, home of Pythia (the oracle). We continue to the local museum with the famous bronze statue of the Charioteer. In the afternoon we will be take the road back to Athens.
Day 8: Piraeus – Santorini
In the morning we will be transferred to the port of Piraeus to catch the local ferry to Santorini. Arrival in Santorini and transfer to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure.
Day 9: Santorini
Today you have the whole day at leisure to explore the magical island of Santorini. Discover Fira and Oia with the breathtaking views to the volcano, and enjoy one of the best sunsets in the Aegean.
Day 10: Santorini Departure
Morning at leisure until it's time to transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- Accommodation on BB, 3 nights in Athens and 2 nights in Zakynthos and 2 nights in Santorini
- Athens city tour with Acropolis and Acropolis museum, on SIC, including English speaking guide.
- The 3-day classical Greece tour on SIC, on half-board basis (breakfast and dinner). This tour will be split into two parts, (Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia for the first part, and Delphi for the second part), with 2 overnights in Zakynthos in between.
- The day boat excursion in Zakynthos to “Navagio” beach and the blue caves.
- Ferry tickets Kyllini-Zakynthos-Kyllini and Piraeus –Santorini with regular ferry in economy class.
- All transfers
- Meet & Greet service for tour briefing and orientation, by an English speaking representative
- All entrance/admission fees to sites and museums
- All taxes and our services
- Any meals other than those mentioned above
- Any drinks during included meals
- Any personal expenses
- Any tips
- Any porterage at hotels.
- Anything else not specifically mentioned in the inclusions
- Athens: Polis Grand, Titania, Zafolia, Athenian Callirhoe, Alexandros, Golden Age
- Olympia: Hotel Arty Grand, Hotel Europa
- Zakynthos: Strada Marina, Palatino, Phoenix
- Delphi: Hotel Amalia, Hotel Apollonia
- Santorini: Splendour, Afroditi Venus, Rose Bay, Orizontes, Aqua Vatos
Every Thursday between 02 May and 26 September 2019
Was: $2329.00 per person | Now: $1862.00 per person
Travel Zoo Price:
|02 May – 29 May||$ 2329.00||$ 1862.00|
|30 May – 03 July||$ 2429.00||$ 1943.00|
|04 July – 28 August||$ 2559.00||$ 2047.00|
|29 August – 26 September||$ 2389.00||$ 1911.00|
*Prices subject to change due to currency fluctuations and availability. Advertised prices are per person twin share.